Why cannot we see God ?
Adam and Eve, the first human beings created by God were living in a such close intimacy with Him that they were allowed to stand in His presence, face to face. After they felt, they went away from God who, because of His holiness, cannot bear sin. That’s how the perfect relationship between the creature and the Creator ended. God is «dwelling in unapproachable light» (1 Tm 6:16); That is why we will be able to see God again only after death, when we will enter in Heaven, where the Father is. Jesus is the only path leading to Him : «No one comes to the Father except through Me» (Jn 14:6).
What makes the Bible different from other books ?
- Written by 45 different authors for more than 1000 years, the Bible is yet continue and united. Among the writers are soldiers, a First Minister, couple kings, a shepherd, some fishermen, one tax collector, one Greek doctor and a tent maker. 60 generations between the first author and the last one, and yet the Bible presents an unexplainable unity. The authors wrote on hundred topics without contradiction. It would have been impossible that these separated men (in time and space) wrote about the same idea on so many different topics without God being involved.
- No single Bible’s affirmation has revealed itself wrong. No scientific Bible’s affirmation has been revised because of new discovery. However Science accepted some of the biblical scientific affirmations only lately as the number of the stars in the sky or the form of the earth. These affirmations have been accepted by Science only centuries later.
- The Bible is the only book providing prophecies which has been fulfilled. Its prophecies are inspired by God (1S 9.9; 2 S 24.11; 2 P 1.20-21) and don’t exist in any other book in the world – even not in the Coran. The gap between the prophecy from the event is generally so big that it is impossible to affirm that the announce of the event has been made after it happened.
- No other book speaks about manhood as the Bible does. We found no embellishment, no hero to glorify, nothing hiding the dark side of the men. The Bible speaks freely about the sins of the patriarchs (Gn 12.11-12), the adultery of David (2 S 11), and about the disorder in specific Christian community (1 Co 11; 2 Co 2.1-4).
- The bible speaks about things not yet happened and not understandable by men at the time they were announced as the destruction of the earth by the fire. This destruction was impossible for the men at that time but more than possible for us today.